A Data Protection Officer is, pursuant to Article 2, paragraph 1, point 9 of Data Protection Act Narodne novine 103/03, 118/06, 41/08, 130/11 and 106/12 - consolidated text, hereinafter referred to as (Act), a person appointed by the head of a personal data collection that takes care of the legality of processing personal data and exercising the right to the protection of personal data.
Data protection officer responsibilities are prescribed by Article 18a, section 8 of the Act, by which Data Protection Officer.
- Takes care of the legality of processing personal data in the sense of compliance with regulations of this Act and other regulations governing data processing,
- Warns the head of the personal data collection on the necessity of applying regulations on the protection of personal data in cases of planning and actions that may have an impact on privacy and personal data protection;
- Educating the company and employees on relevant compliance requirements of data protection,
- Cares about the obligation fulfilment under Articles 14 and 17 of the Law,
- Enables the exercise of the rights of the respondents referred to in Articles 19 and 20 of the Law,
- Cooperates with the Data Protection Agency regarding the implementation of supervision over the processing of personal data.
The Data Protection Officer is required to maintain the confidentiality of all information and data he is aware of in performing his duties. This obligation also applies after the termination of the function of the Data Protection Officer.
The official contact details of the Data Protection Officer are: